I am SO EXCITED for this new Beachbody program coming out on December 1st! A firm believer in the science and magic behind Autumn Calabrese’s 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme workouts, I honestly can’t wait to see what’s in store for us with this addition to the Beachbody line-up. In this program she pairs up with Body Beast trainer, Sagi Kalev. While the 21 Day Fix seemed more focused on a female audience, this program is a perfect program for couples to do together. An ideal excuse to get your husband or wife to join you on your fitness journey! The weight-training and portion-control container system are taking home fitness to a whole new level. Ladies, DO NOT be afraid of lifting weights. As a former cardio queen, the addition of weights to my workout regimen has done more for me than any other workout method EVER. I’ve lost inches and pounds and it has changed the shape of my entire body and the way my clothes fit. I just got off a call with some coaches in the test group and got the dirt on the program and here it is.
What is The Master’s Hammer & Chisel?
The Master’s Hammer & Chisel is a 60-day resistance training and muscle-sculpting workout program that truly delivers body changing results from seasoned trainers and award-winning fitness competitors, Sagi Kalev and Autumn Calabrese. This program shares their strategies for sculpting powerful muscles, shedding body fat and building a toned physique. Now, I do not expect to be walking across to stage at any fitness competition when all is said and done, but I’m more than a little excited to tone up all over with the guidance of a fitness expert! Not feeling your on the same competitive level as Autumn and Sagi? That’s ok (neither am I), the workout includes a modifier who demonstrates some moves at a lower intensity as well as options to adapt certain exercises if you have limited access to equipment. If you are a fan of the 21 Day Fix you will be happy to find the same straight-forward portion-controlled nutrition plan that you can customize to meet your goals – whether you want to lean out, scooped and maintain what you’ve got or build muscle.
Who is this program for & how is it different than the 21 Day Fix programs?
This program is for men and women who are looking for a comprehensive resistance training or muscle-sculpting program and for those who have enjoyed Body Beast, 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme programs. While the 21 Day Fix Extreme is a shorter, goal-specific program, the Master’s Hammer & Chisel is a full 60-day program with slightly longer workouts (25-40 minutes – who has time for longer than that after being spoiled by shorter workout programs?! ). While the 21 Day Fix Extreme focuses on getting you shredded in the shortest time possible, this program also helps to improve other aspects of your fitness, such as muscular endurance, power, strength and agility.
What equipment do you need?
- A few dumbbells of various weights appropriate to your strength and fitness level. Seems that 5’s, 10’s & 15’s are a great starting point for women from what I hear from the test group participants.
- A bench or stability ball.
- A chin-up bar or a resistance band and a door attachment. I am a big fan of the resistance band door attachment. While not quite the same as a chin-up bar, it still delivers an effective workout.
- 12 workouts on 6 DVDs: 3 Hammer DVDs with Sagi and 3 Chisel DVDs with Autumn.
- A set of 7 portion-control containers and a Shakeology® shaker cup to help you nail the all-important nutrition aspect of this program. You know the saying, your results are 80% nutrition, right?
- The Master’s Hammer and Chisel Program and Nutrition Guide, with your straightforward eating plan, easy-to- make recipes, and Sagi and Autumn’s expert tips for getting the most out of your workouts.
- Quick-Start Guide that lays out your 3-step blueprint for building the body you want and getting started right.
- 60-Day Calendar that shows you which workout to do each day for efficient and effective training.
- PLUS 2 FREE BONUS WORKOUTS: 10 Minute Ab Hammer and 10 Minute Ab Chisel
So what do you need to do to get into my next Hammer & Chisel Challenge Group?
I’ll be ordering this program as soon as it comes out on December 1st. I can’t wait to throw a new workout routine into the mix because a little variety is the spice of life, right? I can honestly say that when I have committed to any Beachbody workout program from start to finish, I have gotten the best results. I am going to be launching a joint 21 Day Fix/Extreme and Hammer & Chisel Challenge group on Monday, December 14th. I will be test-driving the new Hammer & Chisel for part of December and then kicking it into high-gear come January. If you are interested in joining the gang for this exclusive test group, please contact me or email me at email@example.com and I’ll get you the information you need to order your stuff and get started as soon as it comes out. This is a perfect gift for the fitness fanatic in your life or for conquering those New Year Resolutions to get fit and stay fit!