I’m becoming slightly obsessed with this. I like cauliflower rice but what appeals to me the most is that it can be used like a grain but is actually a vegetable. For those of you who follow the 21 Day Fix way of eating, you know that grains, alcohol and treats all use the same container – I’ll take a glass of wine or a treat any day over a plate of grains! In typical me fashion, I don’t really measure when I cook so the ingredient amounts are rough estimates which all goes to show that you really can’t mess this up. That’s why cooking beats out baking any day (in my opinion). I served this under Grilled Chicken Shawarma with garlic yogurt sauce which is another recipe YOU HAVE TO TRY!
1 bag Trader Joe’s frozen cauliflower
1-2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 garlic clove, minced
zest & juice of 1 lemon
pinch of red pepper flakes
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 large cucumber, cut into discs & quartered
2 scallions, sliced
feta cheese crumbles
salt & pepper to taste
- Heat avocado oil in sauté pan and add frozen cauliflower rice.
- Add zest and juice of one lemon as well as one minced garlic clove.
- Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes and turn off heat and let cool.
- In separate bowl add cherry tomatoes, cucumber & scallions.
- Add cooled cauliflower rice to the bowl with the tomatoes, cucumbers and scallions and then add feta, mint and salt and pepper to taste, stirring to combine.